Spring! 'Tis the season to realign after winter and restore post-winter balance. What better way to help yourself with this than by attending a day of Spring Retreat at Manaia Yoga and Wellbeing Centre in Rangiora?
As people we have formed an element of separation from the abundance of our natural world and the rhythm of seasons. This Retreat gives you space to be positively uplifted by the energy of spring around us. There will be time for learning, moving, nourishing, pampering and deep resting. To be in “retreat mode” may allow you greater focus for your potential spring renewal, or inspired beginning, as you transition into summer.
A Seasonal Allergies and YOU presentation will be an educational opportunity to understand how allergies can be unique to you, and also to those you know who suffer from seasonal allergies. Sara will introduce you to medicinal herb groups for these allergies and highlight three potent anti-allergen herbs to act in rebalancing your whole body. She is also looking forward to sharing with you lifestyle practices that may empower you to support your health balance, even if you are not an allergen sufferer.
- 9.20am: Registration and setting up your Retreat space.
- 9.30am – 10am: Everyone together; setting your intention for the Retreat and gentle warming movements to begin.
- 10am – 11am: “Seasonal Allergies and YOU” presentation, with an introduction to an allergen season spice mix and an allergen-defence drink tasting (recipes provided). Lifestyle practices of tongue scraping and nasal rinsing will be explored.
- 11.10am – 12.30pm: An active Yoga practice.
- 12.30pm-2pm: A “spring nourishing” vegetarian lunch will be provided, which includes personal time to walk, read, journal, rest or to connect with others.
- 2pm-3.20pm: Restorative Yoga practice.
- 3.30pm – 4pm: Everyone together to close the day with a meditation practice, review of Retreat intentions and acknowledgment of any inspired beginnings as you transition into summer.
Be inspired to infuse the medicinal value of plants with the therapeutic benefits of yoga.